Thursday, September 2, 2010

PCFMA Pledges $750.00 to Freedom Alliance Scholarship Fund

I have been staffing a dietitian's booth at our Pleasanton Farmers Market for the last 7 years...I have always been proud to be a part of our market because of the caliber of people I meet there and because of the market managers and director who take such good care of me.

I'll be at the Pleasanton Farmers Market on 9/11 

More reasons the market is special to me....some of our Road Warriors have signed up there and other visitors to the market have stopped to write "thank you" cards to our active military men and women.
2 grateful guys writing thank you cards to our soldiers

...Something Incredible Happened Last Week...

Last week, I got an email from John Silveira, director of the Pacific Coast Farmers Market Association (PCFMA). Both of John's sons enlisted as Marines and served in Iraq, one serving 3 tours of duty. After reading Jim Ott's newspaper article about Road Warriors 2010, John wanted to help us. He let me know that PCFMA will match up to $750.00 of public donations for the Freedom Alliance Scholarship Program.  A total donation of $1,500.00 to the scholarship fund will be a tremendous encouragement to the college aged student whose father or mother gave all in service to America.

Donating $9.11 on 9/11

Shoppers can make a donation at the Pleasanton Farmers Market by writing a check to Freedom Alliance Scholarship Fund. I'll be at my booth to accept donations on 9/11. What if 82 people make a donation of $9.11 on 9/11? We will have our $750.00 to be matched by $750.00 from PCFMA.

Click here to meet some of the students who have received scholarships from Freedom Alliance.

No comments:

Post a Comment