Monday, August 30, 2010

"I'm Hooked on Biking"

A friend and fellow Road Warrior posted this to my facebook wall. It's fantastic news and I wanted to share it with everyone. Way to go Gill!

"Hi Candayce!  Hope all is well with you and Dave.  Just wanted to let you know I have put in over 400 miles on my bike for the Wounded Warriors.  I've collected my initial goal of $400; but I will keep increasing it when I reach it. My goal is $700 right now.  So, I will continue to ride and collect until Veteran's Day.  The bike rides are not only helping the W.W. Project; but is helping me in getting back into shape.  I have gotten hooked on biking now and have bought a new bike to continue my riding even after this benefit. Thought you might have been at the Pleasanton Farmer's Market the other weekend, based upon an article I read in the papers.  But, I didn't see you.  Take care!"


About the Farmers Market...I WILL be at the Pleasanton Farmers' Market with Road Warriors 2010 info packets and sign up sheets on Saturday Sept 11th from 9:00-1:00pm. Please stop by if you are logging miles for our vets or would like to start.
Look For Our Road Warriors Banner at
The Pleasanton Farmers' Market on Angela Street
NEWS...Local Wounded Warrior to Receive Quilt of Valor!
Another cool reason to stop by our booth at the Farmers' Market? I've found a home for my quilt of valor! I am so excited! I would like to accompany the quilt with cards of encouragement from the community of military supporters. So stop by the Farmers' Market and write your own words of thanks, appreciation and support for a local wounded warrior. I'll be presenting the cards and quilt for Veterans Day.


Our Double Irish Chain Quilt of Valor Is Nearly Finished

No comments:

Post a Comment