Wednesday, July 4, 2018

One Nation, Under God, Indivisible



It's Independence Day, July 4th 2018. 

I am happy today and grateful to be living in America, in Pleasanton, working in my garden and thinking of those who have come before me, worked before me, to help me enjoy this freedom. 



Dave and I went to a concert by John McCutcheon on Sunday. He is a folk singer and instrumentalist extraordinaire. His words and stories made me embarrassed that I even listen to the roiling that goes on in the media about discord when in fact we should all be "laser focused" on loving each other and valuing each other as gifts from above. We are. His gifts to each other. We can only love as much as we know we are loved. And thanks to Jesus...we are SO loved that he gave his life that we might live, abundantly. Sounds like our fighting men and women. Giving their lives so we can have life.

So I am going to try to see the world and people as God sees them through my eyes. And look forward to being a blessing and not a curse.

Happy 4th of July to every American, at home and away, devoted to the prospect of freedom and being united for one purpose...to live under the banner of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment