Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Glad Tidings




The Pleasanton Military Families Christmas Pack Out was on November 18th, and we have already starting receiving thank you notes from our recipients.

This letter was beautifully written and I wanted to share. Home away from home is what he loves....

Hello,

I would just like to express my appreciation and thanks for the care packages your organization sent our unit. It's clear that a lot of effort was put into putting them together, and for this I'm truly grateful. Your gift has provided me with some comforts from home and has shown me that there are many at home who support us. It's gestures such as this that motivate me, and remind me why I serve. I put on the uniform to serve and protect the people. Without the support of the people, I wouldn't have any reason to serve. I also especially wanted to say thanks for the Christmas trees you included in your shipment. It's extremely difficult being away from home during the holidays, but having those Christmas trees helps us celebrate and gives us some sense of normalcy. Once again, thank you so much for everything from your organization. Take care, and God bless.


Thanks,
name withheld




No comments:

Post a Comment